- Can't register due to your mobile phone number?
When registering you will be asked to enter your mobile phone number to verify your identity. We need the mobile phone number that you enter to match the one that is saved under your account on our systems.
However, if you cannot remember the mobile number for your account then you can follow a three stage process to choose a new mobile number and register:
- Open the mobile app and tap 'Register'
- Tap on the link 'Don't know mobile number?'
- Fill in the details on the screen that appears and choose a new mobile number
We will then update your mobile phone number on our systems allowing you to register.
- What if I want to use multiple devices?
You can use this mobile app on multiple devices. Simply download the app and use the same ‘Email’ and ‘Password’ as you used on this device.
- What if my transaction did not complete?
Sometimes it may appear that your transaction did not fully complete.
1. You are not sure if the transaction completed or not: Please check the ‘History’ section of this mobile app to check if there is a new PowerCode there. If there is a new PowerCode then the transaction did complete.
2. Your Top Up is delayed: You may have read a message stating that your top up is delayed. If this is the case please wait for the PowerCode to be sent to you. If you need the PowerCode urgently please call us.
3. You received an error message: If there is an error message please read it and follow the instructions.
- What if my credit card expires soon?
No problem, simply go to the ‘Profile’ section of the mobile app and choose ‘Wallet’. You can choose to ‘Add New Card’ or ‘Edit’ your current card in this section.
- How do I enter my Powercode?
When you've topped up you will usually receive a 20 digit Powercode.
Just input this PowerCode into your Keypad as follows:
1. Press *
2. Then enter your PowerCode
3. Then Press #
Don’t worry if you enter it wrong, just press * to go back and try again
- How do I check that my credit was applied?
You will see one of these 2 messages:
As well as a ‘happy’ tone, your top up amount will be displayed followed by the word ‘Account’ and the total credit in your meter.
You will hear a ‘sad’ tone followed by a fault message. To confirm the last Power Code accepted by the meter, simply press 4 on the keypad and this will provide you with the last five digits of the most recent code entered into the meter. You can then cross reference this with your voucher for confirmation.
- Why is the keypad not accepting my PowerCode?
If your top up code has been rejected you should see one of the following messages:
Duplicate: You have entered this Powercode before and cannot use it again.
Incorrect: The Powercode has been entered incorrectly. Just press * to go back and re-enter your code.
Error: you have missed a number or entered the Powercode too slowly.
Kblock: The Powercode has been incorrectly entered five times in a row. Wait a few minutes and try again.
NoComms: The Keypad has lost connection with the main meter. Plug it into a different socket. This should take 5 to 10 minutes to update (this applies to plug in DLC meters).
Wrong Tar: There was a meter configuration change, please enter the special 40 or 60 digit Powercode you received when you topped up.
Rejected or Error: This could mean that you have purchased a top up using the incorrect card or PAN
- What if I lose my PowerCode?
No problem, just navigate to the ‘History’ tab on this mobile app and you can view your last 5 PowerCodes there.
- Why have I received a longer PowerCode than usual?
Occasionally (usually about once a year) you will receive a PowerCode of 40 or 60 digits. These PowerCodes contain additional information for configuration of your meter, for example if the price of electricity changes.
Don’t worry, they work the same way as 20 digit PowerCodes.
1. Press *
2. Input the entire PowerCode
3. Then press #
- How do I access my €5 IOU credit?
If you don’t have time to top up, don’t worry, we’ve got you covered with our €5 IOU credit.
Should your credit balance go below €3, you will hear a low volume warning sound. Press 0 and # on your keypad to turn off the alarm and to activate your €5 IOU.
This should give you additional time to purchase a top up. This alarm will not sound between 10pm (11pm in Summer) and 8am (9am in Summer).
This €5 will be deducted from your next top up.
You can only access IOU credit in your meter goes below €3. Your meter must be in a positive balance in order to activate your emergency €5 IOU. When the emergency credit is active, 'SW closed' will display on your keypad.
- What are the friendly credit hours?
Our ‘Friendly Credit Hours’ promise that we'll never cut you off in the evenings. Therefore, if you run out of credit between 4pm and 8am in Winter or between 5pm and 9am in Summer your supply will not be cut off until the next morning. Also, we will not cut you off on weekends (Saturday or Sunday).
Furthermore, we will not cut you off if you run out of credit from 25th to 27th of December, on the 31st December or on the 1st of January.
However, the amount of electricity you use during these Friendly Credit Hours will be deducted from your next top up so we'd always advise customers to keep themselves in credit to avoid that rush to to Top Up.
- How much should I top up by before a holiday?
We recommend topping up your meter before you go and your keypad can help you determine how much to top up by.
If you're going on holidays, you should add enough credit to cover your daily standing charges, once you have all other appliances switched off for the duration of your trip.
To determine your average Top Up press 2 for the previous days spend, press 22 to see the previous week and 222 to see the previous month. Then simply Top up by your average spend for the time you are away to ensure that you don’t run out of credit.
Make sure that lights and appliances are off before you leave to avoid unnecessary energy usage.
- When will I receive my €20 Refer a Friend credit?
- When you refer a friend they will receive their credit on the day of installation in addition to their €5 start-up credit. You will receive a text with your 20 digit PowerCode on the day of their installation.
It's important that your contact details are correct on our system in order to ensure receive your code by text and email. If your friend was installed but you haven’t received a PowerCode, your contact details may not be up to date on our system. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us to update your details and get your free code.